Monday, January 22, 2018

WWW MasterChef Day 2 (Tuesday)

Today, we all made two new dishes! Banana Flower Salad, and Beef Lok Lak. The banana flower salad was similar to mango salad while it tasted very different and delicious, beef lok lak is a very delicious Khmer dish. With the beef lok lak, we also added some eggs for a boost of flavor. The beef lok lak also even got a special sauce! The beef lok lak is very tasty with the egg, and special sauce together.



One thing I've learned about cooking so far this week is:



Justin - I learned how to marinate food.
Sascha - I learned how to marinate the beef meat and make it tasty!!!
Max - i really enjoyed new experiences learning how to make lok lak and banana salad
Yuan - today I really enjoyed cooking in the kitchen. I learned how to make two things I haven't made by myself.
Leeheur- I really enjoyed making Lok Lak since it's my favorite dish.
Lyka- I learned how to chop vegetables.
Rany- Today i learned how to cook lok lak with rice.
Victoria- today i learned how to cook lok lak and fry the beef.
Rithy- Today I learnt how to marinate beef or other meat and make Khmer Cha Lok Lak.
Sethi- Today, I learned how to cook Lok Lak meat and Banana Flower Salad.
Liza- today we learned how to make Lok Lak beef and rice and also a salad.
Kelly- So far I learned how to used a knife and grill meat.
Eric- Today the chef taught me how to cook a popular Khmer dish called "bai cha Lok Lak" and a salad called "banana flower salad".
Amanda- Today i learn how to make my favourite my dish from Cambodia and that is beef lok lak.











And a big thanks to the superstars who helped clean up the dishes afterwards (some not in the photo)!



No comments:

Post a Comment

MasterChef Day 5 - Friday, Jan 26

This is the last day of the WWW MasterChef. Our highlight of the day was when we sat at 1of the table talking to each other and having fun. ...